For 2 people (preparation time: 25 min)
- 120g cooked wholewheat pasta
- 1 can of cannellini beans (250g)
- 1 medium broccoli head, chopped into florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of merkén spice
- 2 tbsp of mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, parsley, sage)
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
Cook the pasta according to package instruction until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, boil or steam the broccoli florets for 6-7 minutes.
In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, stirring regularly until translucent.
Add the merkén, mixed herbs and garlic. Add the broccoli, stir for 2 minutes, then add the cannellini beans. Salt to taste.
Toss the cooked pasta into the pan, adding 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to help combine the ingredients together.
Before serving, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and a pinch of merkén spice. Enjoy straight away!