● Olive Oil
● 6 herring fillets (can also use salmon or trout)
● 2 handfuls of oatmeal
● 2 lemons, juiced & zested
● 200g jersey royal potatoes
● 1 bag of Watercress
● A handful of radishes
● 1 egg whisked
● 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
● A dash of apple cider vinegar
● 1/4 of a cucumber thickly sliced, seeds scooped out
● Sea Salt & Black Pepper
● Boil Jersey Royals in salted water until tender.
● Slice radishes, cucumber & roughly chop watercress.
● Whisk EVOO, apple cider vinegar, mustard and lemon juice to make the dressing.
● Combine potatoes, radishes, cucumber and watercress then toss in dressing.
● Sprinkle oatmeal on a plate, add lemon zest & season.
● Dip fillets into whisked egg then roll & press into seasoned oatmeal until completely covered.
● Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add coated herring fillets to the pan, skin-side up.
● Gently press down on each fillet so that they stay flat. Fry for 1-2 mins, then turn for a further 1-2 mins until cooked through & oats are golden brown.