● 120g brown rice
● 350g skinless salmon fillets cut into 3cm chunks
● 1/4 tsp salt
● 1/2 tsp turmeric, divided
● 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, divided
● 1 tbsp mustard powder
● 120ml water
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
● 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
● 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
● 1 tbsp chopped parsley
● Get the rice cooking according to the instructions on the pack.
● Meanwhile, mix together the salt, half the turmeric and half the cayenne pepper and coat the salmon chunks with it on all sides. Set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavours.
● While the salmon is marinating, mix the mustard power in a small bowl with the rest of the turmeric, cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of water to make a paste. Then add the rest of the water.
● When the rice has about 5 minutes to go, heat the oil in a wok or similar pan. When hot, add the mustard, cumin and fennel seeds, followed by the mustard paste. Bring it to a simmer and add the salmon pieces in a single layer and cook for around 5mins or until the fish is just cooked. Turn the pieces of fish once but keep spooning over the simmering liquid as it cooks.
● Serve with the rice and vegetables of your choice.